The Center for Teaching 和学习 (细胞毒性t淋巴细胞) at Hobart and William Smith Colleges collaborates with faculty, 学生, and colleagues to serve as a catalyst for excellence in teaching and 学习 and to foster an engaged, 富有成效的, 有创意的, 可泛亚电子竞技的, and inclusive intellectual community for faculty and 学生.
- Belonging, 股本, access, and inclusion are central to student success. (Academic success for all 学生 has at its foundation a focus on belonging, 股本, 可泛亚电子竞技性, 和包容)
- Collaboration as a staff and with partners across 校园 enhances our ability to engage and support 学生 and faculty.
- Access to all aspects of our community, 由所有成员, is central to our work of promoting knowledge of universal design across 校园.
- To enable the academic success of all 学生 by
- 提供健壮的, 有效的, research-based programming to support student academic content 学习, academic writing and other skills, and academic self-management.
- Providing opportunities for 学生 to practice 有效的 academic mentorship and leadership.
- Promoting 可泛亚电子竞技性 for 学生 with disabilities by providing individualized, 合理的, and appropriate accommodations.
- Assisting HWS in establishing policies, procedures and facilities that comply with the letter and spirit of the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- To promote best practices for engaging, inclusive, 有效的, and innovative teaching by
- Serving as a conduit for research-based knowledge and resources on teaching and 学习, including but not limited to universal design for 学习 (UDL).
- Creating opportunities for faculty to learn from one another and participate in ongoing dialogue about innovative teaching practices and strategies for improving student 学习.
- Providing resources to advance institutional understanding of 学生 with disabilities.
- Supporting 校园-wide initiatives on teaching and 学习.